Residential Tenancy Branch

We can investigate complaints about the Residential Tenancy Branch, a department within the Ministry of Attorney General and Minister Responsible for Housing. Before you make a complaint to us, we want to make sure you’ve tried to resolve your complaint directly with the people involved. Here’s the complaint information for you and some tips on how to make your complaint.

How to Complain About the Residential Tenancy Branch

You can request a Review of an arbitrator’s decision if you believe there is new evidence that was not available for your hearing; if you were unexpectedly unable to attend the hearing; or if you can show that the decision was obtained by fraud.

You may also request Correction of errors or Clarification of the decision.

Contact for Review, Clarify, or Correction process

See website for phone contact information: Housing & Tenancy — Review, Clarify or Correct a Decision

Already completed this process?

If you have already gone through this process and want to make a formal complaint to us, here’s what to do next:

Not Sure? Contact Us!

Please contact us directly if you don’t think it would be appropriate for us to require you to go through an available complaint or review process before we consider your complaint. We can consider your specific circumstances before we decide – including the urgency of your complaint or any disabilities or barriers you may be experiencing.

Need Support?

Do you need advocacy, support or legal advice? Click here for a list of links that may help you get the assistance you need.