Attention: For optimal viewing, please use Firefox or Google Chrome. This website is not fully supported by Internet Explorer.

How to report reprisal

If you are a current or former employee of a ministry, office of the legislature or public sector organization covered under PIDA, and you have experienced retaliation for seeking advice about making a report, reporting wrongdoing or cooperating with an investigation, you can make a reprisal complaint to the Ombudsperson.

To view the schedule of organizations coming under PIDA, please click here.

Retaliation that occurred prior to you seeking advice, making a report or cooperating with an investigation is not considered reprisal under PIDA.

While disclosures of wrongdoing can be investigated by your organization, only the Ombudsperson can investigate reprisal complaints under PIDA.

Learn more about reprisal and how you’re protected

As a public sector employee, you are entitled to bring any concerns you may have forward.

A reprisal complaint must be made in writing

There are a number of ways you can report reprisal to us. Please provide all related information and records that you have about the reprisal.

You can choose to submit your form in one of the following ways:

Visit us

Please bring your completed form

2nd floor – 947 Fort St.
Victoria, BC

Mail us

Download and mail the form

PO Box 9039, Stn Prov Gov’t.
Victoria, BC V8W 9A5

Fax us

Download and fax the form


Please do not use email to send us your completed form. It is not a secure means of transmission.

If you have questions about the form or how to report wrongdoing, you can reach us at:

1-800-567-3247 (toll-free) or 250-387-5855 (Victoria)


If you have a file number and would like to submit documents, you can do that here.