The BC Ombudsperson’s strategic plan and associated service plan serve as a road-map for our collective vision, goals and strategies for serving British Columbians in the years ahead.
British Columbia’s Independent Voice for Fairness.
We are here to:
- Ensure that the people of British Columbia are treated fairly in the provision of public services
- Promote and foster fairness and accountability in public administration
- Provide an independent avenue of last resort for individuals with complaints about government services
- People who need us are aware of our services and can access them
- Complaints are addressed efficiently
- Thorough and impartial investigations promote fair public administration
- Public authorities are supported in improving administration
- Staff are recognized for their expertise