Ministry of Children and Family Development

We can investigate complaints about the Ministry of Children and Family Development, as well as delegated aboriginal child and family service agencies. Before you make a complaint to us, we want to make sure you’ve tried to resolve your complaint directly with the people involved. Here’s the complaint information for you and some tips on how to make your complaint.

How to Complain about the Ministry of Children and Family Development

Complaints about services or decisions by Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) or a delegated aboriginal agency can be raised through the MCFD Complaint Process. This process has two stages. You can raise your concerns directly with a Complaint Specialist who can try to resolve your concerns together with ministry staff. You can also request an Administrative Review where an uninvolved ministry employee may review your concerns and make formal recommendations to the ministry office involved.

Contact for the Ministry Complaint Process

Phone: 1-877-387-7027
Website: MCFD — Child and Family Services

Already completed this process?

If you have already gone through this process and want to make a formal complaint to us, here’s what to do next:

Not Sure? Contact Us!

Please contact us directly if you don’t think it would be appropriate for us to require you to go through an available complaint or review process before we consider your complaint. We can consider your specific circumstances before we decide – including the urgency of your complaint or any disabilities or barriers you may be experiencing.

Need Support?

Do you need advocacy, support or legal advice? Click here for a list of links that may help you get the assistance you need.