Family Maintenance Enforcement Program

We can investigate complaints about the Family Maintenance Enforcement Program, operated by the Ministry of Attorney General. Before you make a complaint to us, we want to make sure you’ve tried to resolve your complaint directly with the people involved. Here’s the complaint information for you and some tips on how to make your complaint.

How to Complain About the Family Maintenance Enforcement Program

If you are a payer or recipient and you have concerns about how your Family Maintenance Enforcement Program (FMEP) file is being handled you can ask to speak to an Enforcement Manager if you are not able to resolve your concerns with your case worker. If you are not able to resolve your concerns with the Manager or have concerns about policies and legislation you can contact the Office of the Director of Maintenance Enforcement. Some issues such as the terms of a maintenance order or the amount of arrears owing may be outside of FMEP’s authority and require you to go back to court.

Contact for the Family Maintenance Enforcement Program

See website for phone contact information:

Already completed this process?

If you have already gone through this process and want to make a formal complaint to us, here’s what to do next:

Not Sure? Contact Us!

Please contact us directly if you don’t think it would be appropriate for us to require you to go through an available complaint or review process before we consider your complaint. We can consider your specific circumstances before we decide – including the urgency of your complaint or any disabilities or barriers you may be experiencing.

Need Support?

Do you need advocacy, support or legal advice? Click here for a list of links that may help you get the assistance you need.