Federal Correctional Facilities

How to Complain about Federal Correctional Facilities

The BC Ombudsperson does not have jurisdiction to investigate complaints about Federal Correctional Facilities. For complaints about Federal Correctional Facilities, contact the Office of the Correctional Investigator.

The Correctional Investigator is an Ombudsman for federal offenders. The primary function of the Office is to investigate and bring resolution to individual offender complaints. The Office is also responsible for reviewing and making recommendations on the Correctional Service’s policies and procedures associated with the areas of individual complaints to ensure that systemic areas of concern are identified and appropriately addressed.

Who to contact

Visit the Office of the Correctional Investigator to learn more about how to submit a complaint

Or contact the office at 1-877-885-8848 or by email at: org@oci-bec.gc.ca

Not Sure? Contact Us!

Please contact us directly if you are having trouble accessing the information above or if you are experiencing other barriers.

Need Support?

Do you need advocacy, support or legal advice? Click here for a list of links that may help you get the assistance you need.