How to Report a Wrongdoing

You have a choice.

If you are an employee or former employee of a ministry or an office of the legislature, you have options for reporting wrongdoing – internally or externally. It is your choice.

You can report wrongdoing to your ministry or office through your Supervisor or Designated Officer. or You can report wrongdoing to the Ombudsperson’s office.
You do not need to complete any internal process within your organization before contacting the Ombudsperson’s office.

The Ombudsperson only investigates reports of wrongdoing received from employees. Reports of wrongdoing made to your Supervisor or Designated Officer will be managed by the Designated Officer for your organization.

In circumstances that pose an imminent risk of serious danger to the health and safety of people or the environment, employees can make a public report of wrongdoing only if prior approval has been received from the Provincial Health Officer, Emergency Management BC, or the police.


Make a Report

There are a number of ways you can report wrongdoing to us. Your report must be in writing. Please download and complete the Report of Wrongdoing Form and provide all related information and records that you have about the alleged wrongdoing.

You can choose to submit your form in one of the following ways: 

Mail us

PO Box 9039 Stn Prov Gov’t.
Victoria, BC V8W 9A5 

Fax us

Secure fax transmission at

Visit us

In Person to our office
947 Fort St - 2nd floor, Victoria, BC

Please do not use email to send us your completed form. It is not a secure means of transmission.

If you have questions about the form or how to report wrongdoing, you can reach us at:
1-800-567-3247 (toll-free in B.C.) or 250-387-5855 (Victoria)