The Fairness in Practice workshops offer training in administrative fairness to public sector employees and cover topics such as:
- What administrative fairness means in public service delivery
- The Fairness Triangle tool (process, decision, and service fairness)
- How to make and communicate decisions fairly
- Unconscious bias
- Exercising discretion fairly
- Essentials of service fairness: being trauma-informed and demonstrating cultural humility
- Complaint handling skills
What to Expect
This training, while being offered virtually via Zoom, is interactive. This means learners will be participating in:
- Large and small group discussions
- Case studies
- Reflective activities
Be ready to contribute your thoughts, have your cameras and mics on when needed, and collaborate with others during group work.
Three separate two-day sessions are open for registration now (Space is limited. We may limit the number of registrations per organization based on availability and demand.)
Tuesday and Wednesday, June 22 & 23, 9am-12pm. This session is now full.
Tuesday and Wednesday, August 24 & 25, 9am-12pm. This session is now full.
Wednesday and Thursday, September 22 & 23, 9am-12pm. This session is now full.
We have added two additional sessions due to popular demand:
- Wednesday and Thursday, August 4 & 5, 9am-12pm. Register now!
- Tuesday and Wednesday, August 31 & September 1, 9am-12pm. Register now!
Or, if you wish to request a tailored training session for your organization, please contact us.
We are offering virtual workshops only at this time due to COVID-19. Please check back regularly for updates on training being offered by the BC Ombudsperson.