Register for our Fairness in Practice Workshops!
The Fairness in Practice workshops offer training in administrative fairness to public sector employees and cover topics such as:
- What administrative fairness means in public service delivery
- How to make and communicate decisions fairly
- Unconscious bias
- Exercising discretion fairly
- Essentials of service fairness: being trauma-informed and demonstrating cultural humility
- Complaint handling skills
What to Expect
This training, while being offered virtually via Zoom, is interactive. This means learners will be participating in:
- Large and small group discussions
- Case studies
- Reflective activities
Be ready to contribute your thoughts, have your cameras and mics on when needed, and collaborate with others during group work.
Two separate two-day sessions are open for registration now (Space is limited. We may limit the number of registrations per organization based on availability and demand.)
Wednesday and Thursday, August 24 & 25: 9:00am – 12:00pm. Registration is now full.
Tuesday and Wednesday, September 20 & 21: 9:00am – 12:00pm. Registration is now full.
If you’d like to be added to a waitlist if the workshops are full, or if you wish to request a tailored training session for your organization, please contact us.
We are offering virtual workshops only at this time due to COVID-19. Please check back regularly for updates on training being offered by the BC Ombudsperson.