In addition to the Ombudsperson Act, provincial legislation affecting the Office of the Ombudsperson are:
The Ombudsman Act does not apply to the Authority or to the British Columbia Ferry Corporation after its conversion into a company as contemplated by section 19 of this Act.
The Ombudsman may not investigate any matter that the commissioner has the power to investigate or review under this Act unless the commissioner agrees.
The Ombudsman Act does not apply to this Act or the regulations
- The Ombudsman Act applies to this Act.
- Despite subsection (1), the Ombudsman must refuse to investigate the appropriateness of a decision by a member of the Criminal Justice Branch of the Ministry of Attorney General, or a special prosecutor as described in section 7 of the Crown Counsel Act:
- to approve the prosecution of an offence,
- to decline to approve the prosecution of an offence,
- to delay proceeding with the prosecution of an offence,
- to stay the prosecution of an offence,
- to conduct or decline to conduct an appeal or other proceeding in respect of an offence, or
- to exercise any other aspect of prosecutorial discretion.